As you can probably tell, Josie B’s Baking got a facelift. Not only did I make it “.com” but I also re designed it! Please leave a comment about what you think! You may also have been wondering where the new background came from. I just couldn’t help it so I decided to go ahead and make these amazing cookies the background.
These are definitely the prettiest dessert I’ve ever made. The best part, you can decide what colors to use so halloween, christmas, forth of july, you can just dye the dough the perfect colors! The cookies are just sugar so you can really use any sugar recipe that is your favorite.
I hope you guys are all having a great labor day holiday (if you’re here in the states). This is also a great recipe to do with kids after you get done mixing in the food coloring. Otherwise, you’re going to end up with some kids of some different colors!
Ingredients: Flour, Sugar, Vanilla, Butter, Baking soda, Baking powder, egg, food coloring
First mix together the butter and sugar, add the egg and vanilla, and then add in dry ingredients
Separate the dough into as many sections as you want and dye them with food coloring.
This is where is gets fun! Especially to do with your kids! You’re just going to take little pieces of each color and stick them together to create a very colorful cookie dough loaf.
Before you put it into the refrigerator, press the colors together and compact it so that there won’t be any air bubbles or empty spots.
After refrigerating it for 2 hours or until solid, use a knife to cut slices
Lay them down on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Each cookie will be different! That’s what’s so amazing about them!
Bake for about 15 minutes or until they are about to start to brown. Otherwise the colors won’t be as bright!
Aren’t these AMAZING?!?! I love them! This is definitely my favorite post so far
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Beat together your softened butter and sugar, then add in the vanilla and egg
- Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl and then add into the wet ingredients
- Once that’s totally mixed, separate into different bowls (as many as you’d like) and dye with food coloring
- Rip off little pieces of each color and stick together randomly until you form a colorful cookie dough log
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm and then cut into slices
- Place on cookies sheets lined with parchment paper and bake for 15ish minutes (or until they’re about to brown) in a 350˚ F oven.
- Let cool and enjoy! Both with your eyes and mouth
I think these are the PRETTIEST COOKIES EVER! Don’t you?! Comment below! Thanks for reading and please subscribe to Josie B’s Baking